See How It Works
Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Beneficiary Designations Are Easy and Flexible
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their will or estate. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name The Museum of Flight as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1% to 100%) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
See How It Works
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and the Museum over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left the Museum a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the Museum is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes-leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
- Contact Sandra Dolese, CFRE, CSPG at 206-768-7199 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support the Museum with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the Museum in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: The Museum of Flight Foundation
Address: 9404 East Marginal Way S, Seattle, WA 98108
Federal Tax ID Number: 91-0785826